Friday, December 08, 2017

Coming to DVD and Blu-ray: A Man Alone (1955)

Terrific news this week from Toby at 50 Westerns: Kino Lorber will be releasing A MAN ALONE (1955) on DVD and Blu-ray.

Kino Lorber has released some interesting Republic Pictures films this year, including titles recently reviewed here such as THE MAN WHO DIED TWICE (1958) and DRIFTWOOD (1947), but the news about A MAN ALONE is extra-special for me.

Ray Milland directed and stars in A MAN ALONE, costarring Mary Murphy and Ward Bond.

As I wrote when I reviewed it in 2009, it was a movie which appealed to me from a young age and which I've continued to love in the years since. In 2014 I wrote about it in a piece on Underrated Westerns.

As Toby writes, at one point A MAN ALONE was expected to be an Olive Films release, but that fell through. I didn't have much hope of a release after that, so learning that it's now going to come out via a new 4K remaster from Paramount Pictures made my week!

I'll have more news here about its release in 2018 as it becomes available.

October 2018 Update: A MAN ALONE will be released by Kino Lorber on DVD and Blu-ray on November 6, 2018.

December 2018 Update: My review of the terrific Kino Lorber Blu-ray may be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older